The Cancer Assistance Program (CAP) is not in receipt of any government funding. It relies entirely on the generosity of the community and the proceeds of special events held throughout the year.
There are many ways that you can make a difference in the lives of individuals living with cancer, throughout the greater region of Hamilton and surrounding areas.
In its commitment to transparency and in order to ensure accountability to the many generous donors that contribute, CAP posts quarterly updates, as well as annual summaries around services delivered, here on our website. Twice yearly, CAP also sends out its newsletter, along with a mail campaign letter, within which you are kept up to date around what is happening at CAP, including service statistics and any service delivery trends that have been identified. And, CAP’s annual financial statements are readily available for viewing.
Make a difference in the lives of people suffering from cancer!
Donate to support any one of CAP’s cancer assistance programs. You can designate your gift to any one specific program that CAP delivers or you can allow CAP to designate your gift at its discretion.
- make a donation
- participate in CAP’s monthly giving program
- contact CAP to arrange monthly payments through your credit card, or print off the Pre-authorized Payment Agreement here.
- Print off the Pre-Authorized Payment Cancellation Agreement here.
- donate through CAP’s twice yearly mail campaign
- every June and December CAP sends out its newsletter and mail campaign letter, in which a specific ‘ask’ can be found – if you are not currently on CAP’s mailing list, contact the office now.
- participate in a PAC4CAP fundraiser by gathering packages of
oral nutritional supplements and/or adult incontinence products. Download the PAC4CAP poster to display at your event, in your lobby or on social media prior to your event/gathering.
Sponsor the Drive & Ride program
The Drive & Ride program provides free transportation to and from cancer-related medical appointments.
All transportation is coordinated by and provided by trained and compassionate volunteers
A variety of sponsorship opportunities exist:
|Presenting Sponsor||360 rides||$5,000|
|Platinum Sponsor||72 rides||$1,000|
|Gold Sponsor||36 rides||$ 500|
|Silver Sponsor||18 rides||$ 250|
|Bronze Sponsor||9 rides||$ 125|
|Patron||3 rides||$ 50|
Sponsors are recognized on CAP’s website for one year from the date of contribution.
Additional ways to support CAP
- donate home health equipment or other products issued by CAP to clients, including:
- oral nutritional supplements
- adult incontinence products
- wigs and other head coverings
- breast prostheses and mastectomy bras
Gift-in-kind tax receipts may be available following your contribution of any of the above products. Learn more about how and when CAP can issue gift-in-kind tax receipts.
- sponsor or attend various fundraising events held throughout the year
- plan for and host an event, with proceeds coming to CAP
- to discuss your event idea, including ways in which you envision CAP being involved, contact Debbie Logel Butler, Executive Director
- donate your time as a volunteer
Planned gift giving
Incorporate charitable giving into your financial or estate plan. By including CAP in your planning, you will not only be able to give more, therefore making a difference in the lives of more individuals impacted by cancer, you will have the opportunity to minimize your taxes while also ensuring your family is provided for.
Though arranged ‘today’, planned gifts are often deferred. Examples of deferred gifts include bequests and life insurance policies. Planned giving can also include outright gifts, such as securities or tangible property.
To learn more about CAP’s planned giving program, contact Debbie Logel Butler, Executive Director
To learn more about what cancer assistance giving options work best for you, contact a professional advisor.
Charitable Registration # 14026 2759 RR0001